Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Freshly Sewn Knickers

This is the most recent set of knickers I sewed up.  I think this one is version 3.  Version 1 is pretty beaten up and ready to be retired.  Version 1.5 was just something I put together and not all that great to ride in.  Version 2 needs a dart at the cuff so it doesn't get caught on water bottles or empty water bottle cages.
Here is Version 3, salvaged work pants which make excellent riding knickers.  The knickers come up to mid calf.  The stitching turned out well with the white thread showing on the blue pants.  I also darted (I don't know sewing lingo) the back of the cuff so it doesn't get caught on water bottles or cages.  The white thread didn't line up so well on the back of the pants though.
These knickers will end up being donated to my favorite bike co-op, SoPo Bikes in EAV.  Waist size is 30", wish it fit me better because the knickers look and feel good.  Find them at SoPo.


No comments:

Post a Comment