Friday, February 18, 2011

Bike Train Day

Today was the Winter Bike Train for the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition Temperatures were above 50 degrees.  I couldnt have asked for a better ride this morning.  Traffic and drivers were calm, a history lesson from Henry, and lots of bikers.  Maybe it was a break in the weather or the Bike Train itself; I noticed a lot more bicyclist out there this morning.  And riding with another person and seeing other bicyclist actually does make me feel safer around traffic.  The Star Tribune article is very spot on; more cyclists equals more safety.  Drivers are more aware and cyclists see solidarity.  I do need to take more pictures so I have to find a way to carry a camera on my backpack strap for quick access.

See you on the road and ride safe!

Update: I only realized this after the fact but when I was walking into my building dressed in my bike commuter clothes, the guard behind the desk asked me where I locked up my bike.  I said I locked up in the parking garage.  I asked why and she answered that 'they' usually lock up right outside the building.  It's only later that I realize that she meant the bike messengers that deliver to our office.  I am really flattered that she thought I was a bike messenger.  That's a complement to me.  Maybe not a complement for the real messengers since I am just a fakenger.

No comments:

Post a Comment