Friday, January 21, 2011

DIY Knickers

I took a pair of pants that I have been riding in and have been folding up the bottom pant legs.  So finally I committed into sewing it up into knickers.
1. Adjust to the proper length.
2. Turn the pants inside out and start sewing on a sewing machine.  This can also be done by hand sewing it.
3. Cut off the excess fabric and you have DIY knickers.
Thoughts and future mods:
The bottom of the pants are still a little wide.  I fold the bottom along the length of the pant and sew it up.
I have heard that darts on the back of the pant leg, behind the knee will make the pant leg fold over the knee making for a more comfortable ride.  Its worth a try.
Here are pics of the finished product.  The knickers cover my kneee through the whole pedal stroke which I like.  The length when on the bike just comes up right above the chain, good.
Good luck to you and your DIY.  If I can do it then you can too.

No comments:

Post a Comment