Thursday, January 6, 2011

Crash

I hit the pavement last night riding in the wet weather.  I was riding along the Path, DeKalb Av, and going over the railroad tracks that awkwardly intersects it right by the East Lake Marta station.  I've ridden over those tracks many times, wet and dry.  But this time it got me.  The bike went left right out from under me.  I hit the pavement.
So let me get on my soapbox.  First, I only have a couple of cuts and bruises.  Second, my helmet saved me from a much worse crash than it should have been.  I'm pretty positive about it.  If I didn't have my helmet, I would have taken most of the force of the crash on my head.  So here's a fist bump for helmets.  Third, is there anything that can be done about those tracks and that part of the Path.  The tracks are still being used.  The irony is, I have seen others laid out crashed at that same area and I never thought I should take care over those tracks.  Now I will.
Ride Safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment