Friday, November 26, 2010

Turds For Gold - My Story

I have been meaning to write something about how awesome Chrome is so this is a little late.
Chrome held a promotion called Turds For Gold.  Send them a pair of ratty shoes and they will send a new pair of Chromes.  So I did and that begins a whole story.

I started looking at other cycling posts and they are bragging about their Gold.  I haven't gotten mine yet so I send Chrome an email.  Cool as they can be they responded and said they would ship my shoes off.  But it was about that time when I was going out of town for a couple of weeks so I ask Chrome to send the shoes to the address that I am going to be at.
While on vacation, I get the shoes and they are 1/2 a size too big.  I can't wear them and I didn't feel right to profit for a freebie.  So I figure I would send them back.  I get back home and what's waiting for me, another pair of size 8 1/2 Chromes.  Arghh, now I have 2 pairs of shoes that are too big.
So I send both pairs back, write a nice thank you letter, blah, blah, blah.
To my surprise, Chrome sends me an email and says, 'hey we'll fix that for ya.'  So cool but then they send the wrong size.  At this point I have paid for the shipping twice to send the shoes back and I'm close to giving up.  But one last chance and Chrome offers to pay for shipping back to SF.  I take them up on the offer and finally after several months, lots of help from Chrome, and shipping; I get the right size shoes.  And it's in my favorite color.  Awesome!
Point of the story is Chrome is awesome!
And Chrome does good for the community, check out their free shoe giveaways...
From Chrome:
Turns out the interweb is a incredible means of communication. Who knew? Given the overwhelming response, we’re now going to be giving 500 pairs of shoes to the local St. Vincent de Paul, recycling close to 1,000 pair that can no longer be worn, distributing several hundreds ourselves to those currently living on the streets here in San Francisco and an additional 3,000+ will be going to Haiti with the help of the Soles4Souls organization.


(Pic from Chrome) The Chrome van in downtown SF handing out shoes to the homeless on Easter Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment