Monday, August 13, 2012

5 Things Your Bike Commute Teaches Your Children

I saw this post<http://www.biketoworkblog.com/5things-your-bike-commute-teaches-your-children/?goback=%2Egde_150324_member_145102789> on the Bike To Work Blog and found it really interesting...

5 Things Your Bike Commute Teaches Your Children
by Kwin Peterson on August 10, 2012

Something I had forgotten years ago made its way to my conscious mind a few weeks ago: my father used to bike to work. He started doing this after I left home and stopped doing it before I seriously questioned my commute, and I had totally put it out of my mind, but I don't doubt that he planted a seed that put me in control of my commute.

Every choice we as parents make has a trickle-down effect on our children, and those things they see us do often or daily are more powerful than those things we only do occasionally or rarely. Your commute is a daily occurrence and gives your kids fundamental insights into what you value.

Thanks to Kwin for posting. Read on here<http://www.biketoworkblog.com/5things-your-bike-commute-teaches-your-children/?goback=%2Egde_150324_member_145102789>.

No comments:

Post a Comment