Friday, June 29, 2012

Cops set up sting to keep pedestrians safe

On Thursday morning in front of the North Av Marta station along W Peachtree St I noticed a lot of APD cars parked. I wondered why the concentration of police in one spot. And now I know. I am glad that the APD is enforcing. As a pedestrian I want to keep wearing my helmet to stay safe. I think Decatur can use a sting or 2. From the AJC...

Cops set up sting to keep pedestrians safe
By Marcus K. Garner
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Chanel Bridges unwittingly broke the law Thursday morning.

Turning left from North Avenue onto West Peachtree Street, Bridges stopped for a pedestrian in the crosswalk, but continued only when the pedestrian waved her on - right into the path of a ticket-writing cop.

Bridges had been busted violating Georgia's crosswalk right-of-way law.

Read the full article here<http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/cops-set-up-sting-1466315.html>.

No comments:

Post a Comment